Will i be drug tested at my preliminary inquiry? Will i go to court or not?

Louisville, KY |

I am 16 and i was found in possesion of 2 marijuana seeds and 3 small stems on school grounds over 3 months ago. i just got a letter from the CDW stating that i have a preliminary inquiry in 10 days. Will i be drug tested at this? What type of punishment will i recieve? and how long will this be on my record?

1. You will be prosecuted in Jefferson District Court, Juvenile Division. I assume you have been cited for Possession of Marijuana. It is not normal for a juvenile defendant to be drug tested at his inital appearance at court. After the arraignment, the matter will be passed for a pretrial conference. You need to hire a competent criminal defese lawwyer ASAP to go to court with you.

Possession of Marijuana is a crime in KY. KRS 218A.1422. It carries a penalty of a max. of 45 days.

Any juvenile conviction remains on your record until you are an adult, then you can file a motion to expunge your juvenile record.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. Drug testing is possible in any drug case, but you should have been warned that it was a possibility. Is it a condition of release? What does your lawyer say?