Will i be drug tested at my preliminary inquiry? Will i go to court or not?

Asked over 2 years ago - Louisville, KY

I am 16 and i was found in possesion of 2 marijuana seeds and 3 small stems on school grounds over 3 months ago. i just got a letter from the CDW stating that i have a preliminary inquiry in 10 days. Will i be drug tested at this? What type of punishment will i recieve? and how long will this be on my record?

1. Frank Mascagni III

Answered . You will be prosecuted in Jefferson District Court, Juvenile Division. I assume you have been cited for Possession of Marijuana. It is not normal for a juvenile defendant to be drug tested at his inital appearance at court. After the arraignment, the matter will be passed for a pretrial conference. You need to hire a competent criminal defese lawwyer ASAP to go to court with you.

Possession of Marijuana is a crime in KY. KRS 218A.1422. It carries a penalty of a max. of 45 days.

Any juvenile conviction remains on your record until you are an adult, then you can file a motion to expunge your juvenile record.

2. John Wesley Hall Jr.

1

Answered . Drug testing is possible in any drug case, but you should have been warned that it was a possibility. Is it a condition of release? What does your lawyer say?