Will i be drug tested at my court date?

Asked 6 months ago - Savannah, GA

I was arrested for possession of marijuana and a pipe on tybee island GA, witch mostly survives off of tourist money. i had one court date where i made the choice to seek council, and now am going to my second court date, i am wondering if i will be given a drug test at my court date, only one lawyer I've talked to so far made me think i might be, all the others didn't even bring that possibility up, I'm sure it depends on the judge and his mood I'm just trying to get an idea of the likelihood of me being tested on the spot.

1. Benjamin Bradley Reed

Pro

3

Answered . More than likely not. If you enter into a diversion program or go on probation you may be asked by a judge, but your initial court dates you should feel confident that you will not be tested. Remember something that a lot of people forget, it is still illegal in Georgia to possess or smoke marijuana. Hire counsel to assist you. Hope that helps.

2. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . I seriously doubt you will be drugged tested. Courts usually only drug test people who have not been convicted of anything when they show up drunk or high to court. Absent that, you should be fine.

3. Ian Zimmerman

Pro

Answered . You should be fine unless you show up to Court intoxicated. I have yet to see it used outside of that situation.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now