Will I be drug tested at my arraignment ? I was arrested for possession and a DUI of marijuana.

Reno, NV |

Pulled over for speeding, he found pot cookies, took me in for dui.

1. In Ky, no one is subjected to a urine test at arraignment. I would suspect it would be rae in any state at arraignment. Hire a competent criminal defense attorney in your area BEFORE court to advise you.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. Is it a condition of your bond? Even if it is it is out full you will be tested by why take the chance?

My response to your question is a generic response and should not be construed as controlling to your case. I can not effectively advise about your case without knowing all the facts. Additionally, my response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You can contact my office to schedule an appointment if you would like to have me represent you.

3. I practice in CA (not NV), but I have never heard of any case where someone is drug tested at an arraignment. Generally, additional drug testing could be done if you were on formal probation (as a condition of the probation), but that is something that would potentially occur once you were convicted. I would recommend being sober at the hearing though. If you show up and obviously intoxicated, that would not look good in your current case, and they could potentially take you in on a new charge for public intoxication, or a similar charge.

Also, I would recommend that you contact a good DUI attorney in your area about your case to discuss your case and additional questions you may have about it.

Legal disclaimer: This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm.