Will I be deported with a felony on my background?

Madera, CA |
Filed under: Felony crime

I was involved in a hit and run accident in which a person died. I was sentenced to 270 days in county jail. Within the first week, I.C.E. went and spoke to me. I was released after 100 days without an immigration hold. I am now working and on 5 yr probation. Will I get deported due to my background when its time to renew my green card in 3 years? I have three children that are U.S. Citizens one which is disabled. Please help.

Contact a local Immigration attorney - many offer free consultations.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Most likely, but you really should get an immigration law consult to be sure of your potential consequences.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

It depends on what you were convicted of, and what your immigration status is.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Anthony Michael Solis

Anthony Michael Solis

Looks like hit and run resulting in death, green card holder.

Not necessarily. It depends on a statute under which you have been convicted and your rehabilitation.

Nothing in this post shall be construed as a legal advice. If you need advice regarding your particular situation, please contact my office directly. This information is transferred without an intent to creat an attorney-client relationship.