Will I be denied to take Series 7, if I have a past conviction of 'misdemeanor of disorderly conduct' that is expunged?

I was convicted of 'midemeanor of disorderly conduct' over 10 years ago, and that charge was expunged over 7 years ago. I currently work at an investment bank and the fact that my background check came clean means nothing came up on my criminal background check. However, I am asked to take the Series & (not mandatory) which will help my career. I would like to take it without my investment bank knowing about my prior conviction. Please advise.

New York, NY -

Marco Caviglia

Marco Caviglia

Criminal Defense Attorney - Poughkeepsie, NY

You should consult a NJ attorney since, as the other attorneys point out, the law differs in NY. You should also consult the licensing authority in your field to see if you are pre-empted from the Series 7 license/certification if you have such a conviction.

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

In New York Disorderly Conduct is a violation, not a crime. New York does not exunge.

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Criminal Defense Attorney - Garden City, NY

This did not happen in NY so re-post wherever it occurred and also add employment. There is no misdemeanor disorderly conduct in NY, nor is there expungement in NY.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

John J. Carney

John J. Carney

.Post in your state, this is not a NY issue.