Will I be denied a finger clearance card if I had assault w deadly weapon I signed a plea agreement was given a misdemeanor

Phoenix, AZ |

If in 2000 I had an original charge of assault with a deadly weapon and I signed a plea agreement and was given a misdemeanor of disorderly conduct can I still get a fingerprint clearance card? Now its 2013 and I have not gotten in any trouble with the law since then and my new job is requiring a fingerprint clearance card. I want to know what I can expect?

1. It sounds like they are wanting your fingerprints to run a background check. They will likely discover the old charge. Make sure you are honest with them up front, even if it means loosing the opportunity. If they find out during the interview process they might or might not hire you. If they find out after they've hired you, they could fire you for the non-disclosure.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.