Will I be charged with a hit and run and what will be the likely fine I will have to pay if I am?

Mankato, MN |

I baked into a unattended car and not really sure what was the correct thing to do here, and after checking to make sure there were no damages, I drove away. this was all on camera. It shows me checking for damages in both the car i was driving and the car I hit.

1. See Minn. Stat. § 169.09, https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=169.09. Usually this is a misdemeanor, which is a crime as opposed to a civil wrong (subd. 14). License suspension is optional (subd. 14a). Assuming you didn't leave any information like a phone number and the other driver had to pull security footage, I think this has potential to be a problem for you, so I'd hire an attorney.

2. If you are cited, spend a couple hundred bucks for a local traffic court lawyer to fight it.