Will I be charged with a felony or will my charges be reduced?

Asked about 1 year ago - Blacksburg, VA

Went into an abandoned house through an open window, took some stuff that resulted in grand larceny and breaking and entering, do you think they will reduce my charges? And not have a felony on my record. The items were returned and this is the first and last time I will ever be in trouble with the law. Both charges Are felonies. I really can't afford to have those on my record trying to be a teacher.

Also I don't have Any money to hire a lawyer so I have to go with a public defender.

1. James Donald Garrett

3

1

Answered . Well, the answer to your first question has already been answered for you, you have indeed been charged with felonies. As to whether they may be reduced or dismissed depends upon a number of factors that you will need to discuss with your public defender. Do not speak about the case or the facts with anyone else until you have spoken with your attorney.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

James Garrett
    Garrett Law Group, PLC
    http://www.garrettlawgroup.com
    jd@garrettlawgroup.com
    (757) 422-4646 - 24 hour Service

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

Answered . Should have thought about the consequences (opportunity to teach) BEFORE breaking and entering. Your charges are serious. Your future uncertain. Hire a criminal defense attorney immediately.