Skip to main content

Will i be arrested upon getting a state i.d at secretary of state when i turn 21 if i have a warrant for an MIP misdemeanor?

Saint Clair Shores, MI |

Id be going to a different county, however i just need this to make more money to afford a lawyer and pay off my fines.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Best answer

    There Is a possibility, but it is relatively slight. Ther reality is that you really have to take care of this issue as you are subject to immediate arrest if you come to the attention of the authorities for any reason.

    To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .

  2. It is always best to get outstanding warrants taken care of so you are not always living in fear of being arrested.

  3. I'm not familiar with all of the information the Secretary of State has access to when granting a state ID. However, considering that your warrrant is for an MIP, you are much more likely to be informed about the warrant and instructed to turn yourself in. Regardless of your ability to afford an attorney, I would advise turning yourself in immediately. If this is a first offense MIP, you cannot be jailed and be receive a type of diversion sentence. If it isn't a first MIP, you may be eligible for court appointed counsel/public defender. Good luck.

    The answer to this question is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to be legal advice on which you base your legal decisions. Please contact an attorney for an independent personal consult for a specific answer to your legal needs.,, 734-240-0009

  4. There is a possibility. You should get the warrant cleared before going to any state agency. They all share information with each other. Specially the SOS.

  5. Call an attorney and handle you MIP case. Some attorneys will work with you on a payment plan. Can you borrow any money from family members?

    Kennedy Law Office, PLLC
    Free Consultations

    Disclaimer: No attorney-client relationship has been established. Please contact an attorney about your legal rights. This answer is for educational purposes only.

State, local, and municipal law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics