Will I be arrested if I have a warrant and I go to try to get a copy of my criminal record?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

I have a warrant and I want to see whats on my criminal record but In scared to go

1. Diana Elizabeth Buss

Pro

4

Answered . I would call an attorney and have them look it up for you. There is always a chance that you may get arrested.

2. Katherine Ellen Shipman

Pro

3

Answered . Depending on why you want it, and what form is has to be in, you can also purchase a subscription to an online service that runs background checks in order to get a copy of your criminal record. If you need an certified copy from the Department of Public Safety, you are right to be concerned that you will be arrested if you identify yourself to a law enforcement agent for that purpose. In Montgomery County, where I practice, many bail bondsmen will be happy to "check the system" for open warrants, and so will many criminal defense attorneys.

3. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

2

1

Answered . It's unlikely but certainly possible. I'm sure if you call a Tarrant County defense attorney, they can look it up for you and let you know what you've got out there and the status.