Will I be arrested if I have a warrant and I go to try to get a copy of my criminal record?

Fort Worth, TX |

I have a warrant and I want to see whats on my criminal record but In scared to go

It's unlikely but certainly possible. I'm sure if you call a Tarrant County defense attorney, they can look it up for you and let you know what you've got out there and the status.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

My warrant is for a ticket that I owe for Public intoxication... what is the possibility i will b arrested? and will i be charged just to get that information?

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

I doubt they'll arrest you or charge you for the info. I'd still get a ticket attorney. It'll be cheaper than paying the ticket in full and prevent a conviction.

I would call an attorney and have them look it up for you. There is always a chance that you may get arrested.

Depending on why you want it, and what form is has to be in, you can also purchase a subscription to an online service that runs background checks in order to get a copy of your criminal record. If you need an certified copy from the Department of Public Safety, you are right to be concerned that you will be arrested if you identify yourself to a law enforcement agent for that purpose. In Montgomery County, where I practice, many bail bondsmen will be happy to "check the system" for open warrants, and so will many criminal defense attorneys.

Katherine Shipman's response to your question is for general information purposes only. Nothing in this response should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.