Will I be arrested after the grand jury hands down an indictment?

Asked about 1 year ago - Mayfield, KY

I was charged with Wanton Endangerment 1st degree after an auto accident. I was taken to the hospital for my injuries where the police issued me a citation to appear in district court. I plead not guilty at my arraignment and am scheduled for a preliminary hearing. The public defenders office said that more than likely it would go before the grand jury. If I am indicted when it is sent to the grand jury will I be arrested at that point or will I just continue to be allowed out until it goes before the circuit court. I have been a resident of my county and at the same home for almost 23 years. What should I expect to happen if I am indicted?

1. Frank Mascagni III

3

Answered . Keep in touch with your PD. The Grand Jury can issue a request for a bench warrant, which must be reviewed by the Circuit Court Judge. Have you attorney speak with the Assistant Commonwealth Attorney assigned to the case to ask that a warrant not be issued.

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

Answered . If you are indicted, a warrant will issue and you can and likely be arrested.

3. Stephen F Wallace

Answered . Are you wondering if you will be released on your own signature or whether you will be arrested after indictment. If there is an indictment handed down in your case, you will be eventually arrested. Your criminal record will assist in dictating what your release terms would be.