Will I be arrested after the grand jury hands down an indictment?

Mayfield, KY |

I was charged with Wanton Endangerment 1st degree after an auto accident. I was taken to the hospital for my injuries where the police issued me a citation to appear in district court. I plead not guilty at my arraignment and am scheduled for a preliminary hearing. The public defenders office said that more than likely it would go before the grand jury. If I am indicted when it is sent to the grand jury will I be arrested at that point or will I just continue to be allowed out until it goes before the circuit court. I have been a resident of my county and at the same home for almost 23 years. What should I expect to happen if I am indicted?

If you are indicted, a warrant will issue and you can and likely be arrested.

Keep in touch with your PD. The Grand Jury can issue a request for a bench warrant, which must be reviewed by the Circuit Court Judge. Have you attorney speak with the Assistant Commonwealth Attorney assigned to the case to ask that a warrant not be issued.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Are you wondering if you will be released on your own signature or whether you will be arrested after indictment. If there is an indictment handed down in your case, you will be eventually arrested. Your criminal record will assist in dictating what your release terms would be.