Will I be arrested? Shoplifting....

Asked over 2 years ago - Newark, DE

I was arrested for shoplifting three years ago. I took an item worth less than 50 dollars . I had a court date but was not able to attend it, had to go back to my home country because of family matter. I had a greencard at that time, not anymore. I have no idea what happend to my case. I live in Hong Kong now and recently met my future husband. He is American and wants to bring me to US through K1 visa and get married there. I really want to pay the fine and do whatever possible to forget about that shame story! Is there an arrest warrant for me in US? Will I be arrested if enter the country? Does it automaticaly means that I willl not ever be able to get K1 visa? Thank you.

1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . In all likelihood, there may be an outstanding bond forfeiture warrant for your arrest for failure to appear in that respective court on the charges.
    You may find a local criminal defense attorney who may look in the court's records to see is whether there is a warrant.
    Now, the bad news, you will be arrested on a warrant if there is one upon entering the U.S. at any point as such things do not ever expire.