Will I be able to qualify for an EB-2 Green Card application?

New York, NY |

Here are my details:

Graduated from a top university with BSc in computer science
Worked for about 2 years in the industry
Recently moved to a company that does defense related work with the Department of Defense and DARPA. I do a lot of highly specialized work (based on my research experiences during my undergrad and industry experiences) in a research/industrial setting for the US government through contracts to my company.

Will I be able to claim "national interest" or "advanced degree" as I was hired due to my specialized skills, traditionally achieved with a masters or higher?

1. No, not on the facts you offer here.

Advanced degree means Master's or higher, which you don't yet have.

"NIW" is much, much more than what you do and your work has to benefit the NATION AS A WHOLE. I don't think you are there yet..

Don't take my word for it consult with an immigration lawyer in private.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. BS + 2 years does not equal a MS.

Further, National Interest Waivers are VERY difficult.

I agree with Mr. Behar ... meet with an immigration lawyer and/or consider getting a 'real' Master's Degree.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. No

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.