Will I be able to qualify for an EB-2 Green Card application?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

Here are my details:

Graduated from a top university with BSc in computer science
Worked for about 2 years in the industry
Recently moved to a company that does defense related work with the Department of Defense and DARPA. I do a lot of highly specialized work (based on my research experiences during my undergrad and industry experiences) in a research/industrial setting for the US government through contracts to my company.

Will I be able to claim "national interest" or "advanced degree" as I was hired due to my specialized skills, traditionally achieved with a masters or higher?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . No

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

1

Answered . No, not on the facts you offer here.

Advanced degree means Master's or higher, which you don't yet have.

"NIW" is much, much more than what you do and your work has to benefit the NATION AS A WHOLE. I don't think you are there yet..

Don't take my word for it consult with an immigration lawyer in private.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . BS + 2 years does not equal a MS.

Further, National Interest Waivers are VERY difficult.

I agree with Mr. Behar ... meet with an immigration lawyer and/or consider getting a 'real' Master's Degree.