Skip to main content

Will I be able to pass through Phil. immigration if my US passport name is not exactly the same with my Phil. passport?

Los Angeles, CA |

I am an American citizen with dual citizenship and I have Phil. passport. For example the first name in my US passport is Gerard and my middle name is Howard F. In my Phil. passport my first name is Gerard Howard and my middle name is Francisco for which the F. stands for and with the same last name in both of my passports. I have been informed that I should be able to present both passports upon arrival for dual citizens.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    You should

  2. Not a U.S. immigration question.

    Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  3. Good quesiton for the Phil. lawyer.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

  4. Attorneys on AVVO do not practice Phil. law.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics