Skip to main content

Will i be able to get a crime scene technician job in any state with a felony i got that has been sealed when i was 17 years old

34109 |

i got the felony in florida when i was 17 and my lawyer said it has been sealed. will i be denied no questions asked in any state that i apply to get the job

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Though sealed from public view, a law enforcement agency may still be able to see. It really is up to the individual law enforcement agency, and, of course the charge.

  2. Although the record is sealed from public view if you are looking for employment with a state or federal agency the agency will be able to access your records. You should check with the specific agency you are interested in working for to see what their policy is. You should also speak to a criminal defense lawyer to find out if there is any way to get the juvenile matter expunged.

  3. It depends upon who you apply to for employment.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

Juvenile law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics