Skip to main content

Will I be able to do diversion again?

Covington, KY |

Recently I was charged with possession of marijuana (a small amount) and paraphernalia at the same time. About two years ago I was charged for shop lifting and completed the teen court diversion program will I be able to do teen court or diversion again possibly? I live in the state of Kentucky.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You need the advice of a criminal defense attorney in your area.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

  2. Hire a criminal attorney in your area. I don't know about KY, but in CO they only normally only give you one shot at diversion.

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice. Mr. Leroi answers questions on Avvo because he strongly believes in public service from his years as a judge, magistrate, and prosecutor. If you need to ask any follow up questions because my answer did not fully address your question, feel free to call Chris or post an additional question. Thank you.

  3. You need a local lawyer to advise you, but two shots at diversion is unusual, in my experience. You are supposed to use the diversion to "get the message." I hope you get treated leniently, but remember you are running out of chances. So get a lawyer, and good luck.

    The response I have provided is general in nature, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. My practice is based in Rhode Island, and the law and practice in other states or jurisdictions may be different.

  4. You need an attorney this time around. You can contact my office for free phone consult to determine if you can afford private attorney. 859-581-6453 - MIKE

    Kentucky law does not certify specialty of practice in this area. The advice given herein is informational and should not be considered as creating an attorney/client relationship. Michael Bouldin is an independent attorney located in Northern Kentucky. It is strongly recommended to not give any confidential information on any website.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics