Skip to main content

Will I be able to use an I-243 to get back home to my home country with Immigration?

Los Angeles, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

I was convicted of a Conspiracy to Wire Fraud charge and I owe restitution. I plan to pay when I am home. I am in distress. I am divorced now. My family and child are back home. I am on Supervised Release. Will I be able to leave on a 1-243? Is that considered to be a deportation/removal or voluntary departure? I think I need an Immigration Lawyer?

Attorney Answers 3


Yes, you need an immigration lawyer! You have one or more serious issues that must be addressed, evaluated, and the best strategy developed to protect your future. Waste no time in scheduling an appointment.

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You are thinking right: You do need to talk to an attorney.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Please hire an immigration attorney

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics