Will I-485 will be denied and EAD cancelled

Asked almost 2 years ago - Herndon, VA

My wife 1-485 is pending in EB3 category she is derivative and I was primary applicant . The primary applicant that's me have already taken US citizenship . will my wife's I485 will be denied as i have taken up USC. what will be here status if I-485 gets denied ? She is currently working on EAD will her EAD will also be revoked. Or her I-485 will still be valid and we should wait for the decision ? Or do we need to go ahead and file her in FB based category by filling I130 ? will we also need to file I485 again along with I-130 ?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . Let the I-485 which is still pending for your wife complete processing and hopefully be approved, unless you would like to pay I-130 and a new I-485 fees..

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

2

Answered . No, It will not be on the sole grounds that you are a USC now.

3. Ilona Dzhamgarova

1

Answered . I would suggest you to file inquiry regarding current I 485 and then make a decision to file new I 485 based on I 130.