Will hiring a lawyer speed up the I-130 process once documents have been submitted?

Asked about 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

I am a US Citizen and my husband is in Europe. We received a receipt notice with the priority date of Feb 27,2013 and a MSC number which I believe it is at the NBC What is the next step and will anything speed up the process?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

Answered . No

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

6

1

Answered . Hiring a lawyer, alone, will not speed up the process. But a lawyer might catch some problems or avoid some things that might cause delays.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . The intervention of a lawyer will speed up the process in that you'll be sure that everything will be done correctly and that there won't be any mistakes that will delay the process.

4. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . It might bu organizing it and making concerted efforts to expedite.

5. Anu Gupta

Pro

4

Answered . Hi there- you need to wait. You cannot speed up the process.