Will hiring a lawyer help accelerate the I-130 process?

Asked 11 months ago - Houston, TX

I am a canadian citizen (born) my dad is an american citizen. I am an unmarried daughter over 21. my petition was sent july 2012. I am becoming impatient and nervous through reading blogs that people in this category must wait 6+ years. Also, I do not understand why USCIS website has processing time of 42 months but people wait 6+ years.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . Indirectly, yes. Hopefully, you will hire a capable one and that will prevent you from making errors, which are the primary source of delays.

2. Pablo Husayn Nossa

2

Answered . It will not make your priority date come up any sooner but will decrease delay once it is current.

3. Christopher Daniel Leroi

1

Answered . We all suggest that you use an immigration attorney instead of doing it yourself