Will hiring a lawyer help accelerate the I-130 process?

Houston, TX |

I am a canadian citizen (born) my dad is an american citizen. I am an unmarried daughter over 21. my petition was sent july 2012. I am becoming impatient and nervous through reading blogs that people in this category must wait 6+ years. Also, I do not understand why USCIS website has processing time of 42 months but people wait 6+ years.

1. Indirectly, yes. Hopefully, you will hire a capable one and that will prevent you from making errors, which are the primary source of delays.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

2. It will not make your priority date come up any sooner but will decrease delay once it is current.

The answer provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice as not all facts are know by the attorney, nor does the answering of this question create an attorney client relationship.

3. We all suggest that you use an immigration attorney instead of doing it yourself

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics