Will high school and college ID's be enough for the biometrics?

Loch Sheldrake, NY |

I am in the State of New York. My family and I came here about 17 years ago (I was 4 and my older brother 5). I do not have a state issued ID, as they are requiring for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals biometrics. All my brother and I have are multiple high school ID's and a college ID. Our passports are in the government's custody because my parents have had a case in the immigration courts. Our lawyer says there's no way our physical passports can be released. We do, however, have copies of our passports. We just applied for our national ID's from our native countries. They will take about 1 and a half to 2 months. Our biometrics date is Oct. 23rd ( in 16 days).

Go to have your biometrics taken with what you have, explain the situation. In the worst case scenario, you will need to reschedule for the time when your National ID's be ready.

This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes.

2. I agree that if you do not have access to your passport, take the documentation you have.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

3. You have what you have. If not sure what to do consult with an attorney BEFORE you go down there.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The answer(s) given are only to be deemed general in nature as all of the facts of your case were not provided and thoroughly reviewed. Any answers are NOT to be deemed as attorney advice as a full legal opinion can NOT be provided at this time without a complete analysis of all of the facts regarding your particular matter. Any and all statements provided do NOT in any way create any type of attorney/client relationship.