Will high school and college ID's be enough for the biometrics?

Asked over 2 years ago - Loch Sheldrake, NY

I am in the State of New York. My family and I came here about 17 years ago (I was 4 and my older brother 5). I do not have a state issued ID, as they are requiring for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals biometrics. All my brother and I have are multiple high school ID's and a college ID. Our passports are in the government's custody because my parents have had a case in the immigration courts. Our lawyer says there's no way our physical passports can be released. We do, however, have copies of our passports. We just applied for our national ID's from our native countries. They will take about 1 and a half to 2 months. Our biometrics date is Oct. 23rd ( in 16 days).

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

3

8

Best Answer

Answered . Go to have your biometrics taken with what you have, explain the situation. In the worst case scenario, you will need to reschedule for the time when your National ID's be ready.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

1

1

Answered . I agree that if you do not have access to your passport, take the documentation you have.

3. Jeffrey N Lisnow

Answered . You have what you have. If not sure what to do consult with an attorney BEFORE you go down there.