Will having an Infraction as a juvenile affect my chances of obtaining a U.S citizenship through a parent?

Corona, CA |

So recently i got cited with an infraction for marijuana possession, friend got pulled over for a traffic violation resulting in us getting search. So my concerns are, will this infraction affect my ability to obtain a u.s citizenship? What are the possible consequences for a first time marijuana infraction for a juvenile? I'm currently 15 at the moment.

1. You may find this a good read:

Nunez-Reyes v. Holder, (No. 05-74350 Filed July 14, 2011) 9th Circuit prior decision in Lujan-Armendariz v. INS, 222 F.2nd 728 (9th Cir. 2000),

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.

2. An alien may be rendered inadmissible under section 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(II) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, 8 U.S.C. § 1182(a)(2)(A)(i)(II) (2006), on the basis of a conviction for possession or use of drug paraphernalia. Findings of juvenile delinquency are not convictions for immigration purposes. There is no indication that Congress intended to include acts of juvenile delinquency within the meaning of the term “conviction.”

This is not a legal advice or solicitation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Consult with an attorney. I work for Cardinal Risk Mangement and Cardinal Intellectual Property, IP service companies, but not law firms. I also am the president of Vepachedu Educational Foundation Inc., which is a non profit educational foundation. I also write cultural and scientific compliations for the foundation. I also teach at Northwestern university as a guest lecturer. I also provide some pro-bono guidance on immigration and other issues through Indian American Bar Association. I also have a contract with Cardinal Law Group, a law firm, for IP projects. All this information is on my profile at Avvo and also at Linkedin. Any views/opinions expressed in any context are my personal views in individual capacity only, and do not represent the views and opinions of any firm, client, or anyone else, and is not sponsored or endorsed by them in any way.

3. You should be okay. Marijuana and as long as it wasn't alot of it then you're fine.

**Please mark as helpful or best answer if you find this response helpful** MEDINA LAW GROUP PC: EXPERIENCED TEXAS IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS. email: cindy@medinalg.com; Phone: (210) 821-4500; Fax: 210-821-4500; 1802 NE Loop 410, Ste 104, San Antonio, TX 78217. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Furthermore, the content of this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. I apologize in advance for any spelling or typographical errors. MEDINA LAW GROUP PC.

4. Juvenile cases are not considered in immigration proceedings because those cases do not involve convictions.

Your citation for possession of marijuana should not interfere with your ability to obtain a US citizenship.