Will H 1 B transfer automatically notify about my AC 21 change of employer or do I still need to file AC 21 package?

Asked over 1 year ago - Aurora, IL

Trying to use AC 21 and move to another company with similar job responsibilities . I 485 more than 180 days . Thinking of H 1 B transfer to new company and I am already in 8th year of H 1 B . Also got E A D . if I use E A D then I have to send AC 21 package with Offer Letter of Employment to notify job change .

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Dwight David Myfelt

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Whether you move on an H-1B or use your EAD, you still need to submit notice of AC21 porting to USCIS.

  2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleague

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . H-1Bs and AC21 transfers are two different things.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,423 answers this week

2,793 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,423 answers this week

2,793 attorneys answering