Will govt. shut down affects USCIS operations?

Pleasanton, CA |
Filed under: Green cards

Hi,

I'm little afraid of the possible govt. shut down announcements from Washington. I'm very much concerned whether this will affect USCIS operations, since I've a pending case regarding my naturalization. Advice.

Thanks

1. I would not worry about a government shutdown; worry more about proving your eligibility for naturalization. Seek counsel to help you if you have any questions and to represent you at the interview. Good luck

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.

2. Since USCIS operations are funded through filing fees, the possibility of a shutdown having an impact is questionable. I would not be concerned with this, and just keep preparing for your interview and examination.

Good luck!

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A consultation with an experienced attorney is always the best way to go.

3. Yes, but it will not happen.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. Your pending naturalization case will be completed one way or another, in the meantime, meet with an immigration counsel of your choice to address any issues you deem to be concerning you.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602