Will getting a marijuana citation effect job applications or job searches?

Menomonie, WI |

It is NOT a misdemeanor or felony. Just a possession ticket

It is an Ordinance violation and will go to the circuit court in Dunn County where I will pay the fine. Is it possible to get expunged or no?

1. In Wisconsin there's something called CCAP which publishes all proceedings in Circuit Court. If your citation is prosecuted there it will be very visible. If it is prosecuted in municipal court it is often much harder to find.

If it's easy to see the conviction, then it might hurt. Under Wisconsin law, employers are not supposed to discriminate based upon convictions unless the conviction is directly related to the job. That said it happens all the time.

This comment is general advice only. No attorney-client relationship is formed or intended, and an actual lawyer is necessary to examine the specifics of any situation to provide a complete answer.

2. Yes, it could affect your job prospects. Even though they are not supposed to, employers use CCAP to check up on applicants all the time.
    There is no guarantee that such a charge would be expunged.
    Since this could affect your future, you should work with an experienced defense attorney to minimize the impact of this citation.

My answer to your question is based on the facts that you provide in your question. Additional factual details about your situation could change my answer completely. The law in inherently uncertain and always subject to change.