Skip to main content

Will false claim of u.s citizenship on college application land me in hot waters in my future if i were to apply for citizenship

Mooresville, IN |

I claimed citizenship because I had no other way of getting a higher education. thanks.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Not sue why you posted this in the landlord tenant practice area.....moving you to immigration practice area.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I give a 100% effort to get you on the right track with your issue. Sometimes that means legal educational information, sometimes that means counseling and non-legal guidance. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.



Thanks! Did it through my phone not sure how I ended up in landlord...


The law says any alien who falsely represents or has falsely represented, himself to be a citizen of the United States for any purpose or benefit under this act.....or any federal or state law is deportable. Misrepresentation of citizenship is a problem for you in the future.



after doing some research, it seems that non immigrants can apply for discretion compared to immigrants who made false citizenship claims. Am I correct on this?


Posted Would illegal alien without entry qualify as non immigrant during the time when false claim was made?


Yes, this is a big problem. False claim of U.S. citizenship has no waiver in immigration whatsoever.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 646-407-2331, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


If the government is aware of the false claim to us citizenship and that false claim was made after 1996, you would be precluded from seeking immigration benefits.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Please visit our website at For questions or to schedule a consultation, please call 713.335.5505 or email at Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer