Will false claim of u.s citizenship on college application land me in hot waters in my future if i were to apply for citizenship

Asked about 2 years ago - Mooresville, IN

I claimed citizenship because I had no other way of getting a higher education. thanks.

1. Thomas W. Goldman

Pro

1

Answered . The law says any alien who falsely represents or has falsely represented, himself to be a citizen of the United States for any purpose or benefit under this act.....or any federal or state law is deportable. Misrepresentation of citizenship is a problem for you in the future.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . Not sue why you posted this in the landlord tenant practice area.....moving you to immigration practice area.

3. Gintare Grigaite

Answered . Yes, this is a big problem. False claim of U.S. citizenship has no waiver in immigration whatsoever.

4. Veronica Tunitsky

Answered . If the government is aware of the false claim to us citizenship and that false claim was made after 1996, you would be precluded from seeking immigration benefits.