Will DUIs prevent me from getting a Gaming Employee licence?

Harrisburg, PA |

My husband has been offered a job ath the casino. He has to apply for a gaming licence now. He had 2 duis in his younger years, will they affect it?

1. He must report the DUI convictions. Since DUI is a misdemeanor, it will not, in and of itself, prevent him from obtaining a permit to work in the casino. Only a felony conviction within the last 15 years will prevent a permit from being issued.

However, the DUI convictions will be considered as part of the background investigation including a review of other facts such as credit rating, etc.

Good luck to him.

2. Assuming that the DUIs were misdemeanors, they should not by themselves prevent his from getting his gaming license. However, he must disclose the convictions. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

3. I agree with my colleagues. He must submit an honest application and explain how he has turned his life around. Good luck.

4. Attorney Morgan is spot on. In PA, if an employer rejects an application for employment based upon a criminal history that is to be conveyed to the employee candidate.

The information provided in response to the question posted is not nor is intended to be legal advice. You should consult with and retain an attorney to review all of the facts of your situation. No attorney-client relationship is established through questions and responses on avvo.com

DUI topics