Will DUIs prevent me from getting a Gaming Employee licence?

Asked over 1 year ago - Harrisburg, PA

My husband has been offered a job ath the casino. He has to apply for a gaming licence now. He had 2 duis in his younger years, will they affect it?

1. Forest Dean Morgan

9

1

Answered . He must report the DUI convictions. Since DUI is a misdemeanor, it will not, in and of itself, prevent him from obtaining a permit to work in the casino. Only a felony conviction within the last 15 years will prevent a permit from being issued.

However, the DUI convictions will be considered as part of the background investigation including a review of other facts such as credit rating, etc.

Good luck to him.

2. Robert C. Keller

5

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. He must submit an honest application and explain how he has turned his life around. Good luck.

3. Jason Kutulakis

Pro

5

Answered . Attorney Morgan is spot on. In PA, if an employer rejects an application for employment based upon a criminal history that is to be conveyed to the employee candidate.

4. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

5

1

Answered . Assuming that the DUIs were misdemeanors, they should not by themselves prevent his from getting his gaming license. However, he must disclose the convictions. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen