Will DMV go back and suspend my license now that I plead no contest in criminal court even if the judge didn't suspend my licens

Asked about 5 years ago - Walnut Creek, CA

I recently won my dmv hearing for my dui but plead no contest with the criminal court. The court did not suspend my license. Will Dmv go back and suspend my license now that I plead no contest in criminal court even though the judge didn't suspend my license?

1. Niranjan Fred Thiagarajah

Pro

2

1

Answered . As Mr. Williamson mentioned, your license will be suspended effective the date of your conviction. However, you are immediately eligible for a restricted license as long as you enroll in a DUI program, obtain an SR-22 and pay a license re-issue fee to the DMV.

2. Matthew Edward Williamson

1

1

Answered . Sorry to say, but yes your license is suspended - congrats on winning the DMV hearing. Normally, not always, you can the DMV information to help get a better deal in the court case. What happened?

Matthew Williamson

3. Amy Treanor Morell

1

Answered . Depends on what you plead to - was it a dui or a wet reckless? If dui then Mr. Williamson is right. If wet reckless, your license will not be suspended.