Will disorderly conduct pop up on background check for job application?

Asked about 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

1. Howard A. Schwartz

Answered . That would depend on the extent of the investigation done by the prospective employee. Good luck.

2. Marco Caviglia

Answered . Yes, unil sealed.

3. Kevin Keith McKain

Answered . It would depend on the type of check performed. A disorderly conduct is not a crime in New York, but it could still pop-up.

4. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . Not after it seals unless you are applying to be a police officer or for a gun permit.

5. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Answered . It depends on the check that is done

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

6. John J. Carney

Pro

Answered . It is not supposed to appear on a background search using the Albany computer database as opposed to the NYSID police computer, but that depends on who does the search and how they do it. Some private investigators are able to find Disorderly Conducts which were sealed. They are sealed after a year, but I have heard many people tell me that they were denied a job because of a Disorderly Conduct that was a result of a plea bargain from a misdemeanor such as Petit Larceny or Possession of a Controlled Substance. If you apply for a job with the FBI, police, or government they will know what you were arrested for and what the final disposition was. Other sources such as newspaper accounts of the arrest are not sealed and can be available to someone searching for arrests and convictions.