Will disorderly conduct pop up on background check for job application?

Bronx, NY |

That would depend on the extent of the investigation done by the prospective employee. Good luck.

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Brooklynlaw.net Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: howard@brooklynlaw.net. This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

Yes, unil sealed.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

It would depend on the type of check performed. A disorderly conduct is not a crime in New York, but it could still pop-up.

Not after it seals unless you are applying to be a police officer or for a gun permit.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

It depends on the check that is done

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

It is not supposed to appear on a background search using the Albany computer database as opposed to the NYSID police computer, but that depends on who does the search and how they do it. Some private investigators are able to find Disorderly Conducts which were sealed. They are sealed after a year, but I have heard many people tell me that they were denied a job because of a Disorderly Conduct that was a result of a plea bargain from a misdemeanor such as Petit Larceny or Possession of a Controlled Substance. If you apply for a job with the FBI, police, or government they will know what you were arrested for and what the final disposition was. Other sources such as newspaper accounts of the arrest are not sealed and can be available to someone searching for arrests and convictions.