Will disorderly conduct pop up on background check?

New City, NY |

1. yes.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

2. Disorderdly Conduct is not a crime in New York: it is a violation and seals upon completion of the sentence so it should not show up except if you apply to be a police officer or for a gun licence.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. It depends on what kind of check is done.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

4. Sort answer is it depends, it depends on the company running the background check. It is not a crime, however, and as a result you're technically not legally supposed to be prejudiced by that conviction... However, if it does pop up on a background check there will always be questions one has to answer..,

My best advice would be to go to your local police headquarters, here in NYC it would be one police plaza, and get a good citizens search done... For about $60 they run your criminal record and provide you with a print out.., You will then see exactly what would pop up on the best background search around, and adjust and plan accordingly. Good luck!

5. It may, especially if you've waived sealing of the charge. The government will always be able to see the details regardless.