Will disorderly conduct pop up on background check?

Asked about 1 year ago - New City, NY

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

5

Answered . Disorderdly Conduct is not a crime in New York: it is a violation and seals upon completion of the sentence so it should not show up except if you apply to be a police officer or for a gun licence.

2. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

4

Answered . It depends on what kind of check is done.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

3

Answered . yes.

4. Carlos Gonzalez

Pro

2

Answered . Sort answer is it depends, it depends on the company running the background check. It is not a crime, however, and as a result you're technically not legally supposed to be prejudiced by that conviction... However, if it does pop up on a background check there will always be questions one has to answer..,

My best advice would be to go to your local police headquarters, here in NYC it would be one police plaza, and get a good citizens search done... For about $60 they run your criminal record and provide you with a print out.., You will then see exactly what would pop up on the best background search around, and adjust and plan accordingly. Good luck!

5. Jonathan Brian Manley

Pro

2

Answered . It may, especially if you've waived sealing of the charge. The government will always be able to see the details regardless.