Will disorderly conduct 240.20.1 (New York State) affect my H-1B approval?

New York, NY |

I got a disorderly conduct ticket in March. My company has applied for H1B processing. Will my ticket affect its approval?
My court date is in June. If I plead guilty and pay the fine. Will there be any problem in getting the stamping done in October?

1. Any conviction can effect you being granted a visa at the consulate. It depends on the Officer but it will unlikely effect your H1B approval.

2. It is a violation, not a crime. Did you get a pink summons? I can often get these dismissed.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. You should be OK.

BUT, you should NEVER take a plea bargain without hiring a criminal defense attorney to represent you.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.