Will DCF inform you when a case is closed?

Melbourne, FL |

A stupid mistake allowed THC to end up in our newborn's system, even though we don't allow the stuff in our home. DCF came to see us in the hospital, did their initial home-visit, and has since done a return visit to give my wife a UA (squeaky-clean, by the way). They initially assigned us to be assessed by the Center For Drug Free Living, whose representative has also come and gone. The CDFL lady said she sees no concerns, and intended to recommend immediate closure of our file. The DCF investigator said she was there to test my wife in order for her to "close the case" (direct quote). She also told me to "keep it (marijuana) away from the house and children," and seemed like she was pretty much done with us. Will (and when will)
they inform us that the case is officially closed?

1. They should send you a letter. They have sixty days to complete their investigation and decide whether or not to take you to court. They can extend it but that is not the usual situation.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

Child custody topics