Will Da drop charges when is has already been 3months and 2 court date continuances with missing complaint

Asked almost 3 years ago - Ventura, CA

my husband was never arrested but released with a citation and a court date. A gentlemen went after him with a knife but accused him of battery. The citation is for misdemeanor battery. he has no prior record whatsoever. He had to go down and get fingerprinted and has appeared twice at the court and has another date in Oct. There is a missing complaint. Will the charges eventually get dropped from da or do you think they will peruse the case since it has already been three months. If they drop the charges will we get something in the mail showing this. It has been so stressful wondering what is happening.

1. Elliot Rahmim Zarabi

Pro

Answered . It is unlikely that the charges will be dropped because of a missing complaint, they can just reprint the complaint. If I were you, I would hire an attorney to pursue this for you in order to get a faster resolution to this.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Elliot Zarabi
    818-478-9895
    www.zarabilaw.com