Skip to main content

Will ct extradite me from fl

Norwich, CT |

Im a 3rd degree felony on burgurly 3rd stole tools from construction site i served jail timr n when i got out i skipped probation and moved to fl cause my family was there i a vop for the probation will ct extradite me from fl ive been in fl for 7 yrs

Attorney Answers 3


Yes, they can. Will they? It may be a budgetary decision. When I was a prosecutor I would leave the warrant active. The guy would get arrested. I wouldn't extradite for 3d deg felonies and I would release him but leave the warrant active. The guy would keep getting arrested and released until he got tired of it and paid his own way to clear up the warrant.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleague. For many states, it is a budgetary concern because extradtions can be expensive. However, since you know abot the warrant, you should take steps to clear it. Even if CT doesn't extradite, you can keep getting arrested and sit in jail until CT elects not to extradite. It can keep happening until you clear the warrant because it wont' go away.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Highly unlikely that CT will spend the money to extradite on a class D felony.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics