Will Cps take my newborn from hospital after I give birth?

Houston, TX |

In march 2011 cps removed my children because of neglect and mental abuse that happened three years earlier. I recently gave up my parental rights to my two children. Will my cps case be closed or will it remain open because of my pregnancy. If my case is open will cps be able to remove baby from hospital?.

If your case is currently open, then yes, CPS could remove your child from the hospital under certain circumstances. If your case is closed, then CPS would have to receive a referral that required them to remove. Just because your rights have been terminated in the past doesn't mean CPS can just take any child you give birth to thereafter. You are, however, more at risk of losing any children you have later if any new cases are opened against you. Your past is always a factor in CPS cases. Best of luck to you.

Child custody topics