Will court costs add up to be more expensive in an employment retaliation and discrimination case if it goes to trial?

Plano, TX |

It was filed for retaliation, race/sex discrimination, wrongful term ,hostile work environment, defamation, and tort. I'm probably going to have to take this one pro se because the fees are already 10k for the litigation of expert witnesses and depositions via various attorneys. I am wondering if I raise up to that amount, will the trial fees end growing to that amount and more? Also, will I be better off doing pro se if I only work a $17/hr job and only have one other person helping me pay with no other finance options from bad credit? Or, will I just be better off financially suing the employer in county court for the defamation and hostile work environment charges which is a definite win? I have already tried legal financing and their hands are in their pockets. Real solutions please.:)

"Definite win?" About an employment law matter? Nope. Not possible. The costs of any triable case of the scope that you describe will go up steeply from the present point. Consult with local counsel.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

Employment cases are costly. Your money will be better spent paying an attorney to represent you as we are able to cut cost of depositions, use less costly discovery tools, request for production, interrogatories, settle disputes and obtain affidavits, and respond to summary judgment. If you needed surgery would you perform the surgery on yourself . If your case goes to trial, will you ask yourself question. Do you have the education and experience of a trained litigator?

Recommended articles about Employment