Will court costs add up to be more expensive in an employment retaliation and discrimination case if it goes to trial?

Asked about 1 year ago - Plano, TX

It was filed for retaliation, race/sex discrimination, wrongful term ,hostile work environment, defamation, and tort. I'm probably going to have to take this one pro se because the fees are already 10k for the litigation of expert witnesses and depositions via various attorneys. I am wondering if I raise up to that amount, will the trial fees end growing to that amount and more? Also, will I be better off doing pro se if I only work a $17/hr job and only have one other person helping me pay with no other finance options from bad credit? Or, will I just be better off financially suing the employer in county court for the defamation and hostile work environment charges which is a definite win? I have already tried legal financing and their hands are in their pockets. Real solutions please.:)

1. Debra Vera Jennings

Pro

1

Answered . Employment cases are costly. Your money will be better spent paying an attorney to represent you as we are able to cut cost of depositions, use less costly discovery tools, request for production, interrogatories, settle disputes and obtain affidavits, and respond to summary judgment. If you needed surgery would you perform the surgery on yourself . If your case goes to trial, will you ask yourself question. Do you have the education and experience of a trained litigator?

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

2

Answered . "Definite win?" About an employment law matter? Nope. Not possible. The costs of any triable case of the scope that you describe will go up steeply from the present point. Consult with local counsel.

One or more answers have been taken down.