Will class B felony put someone in removal proceedings?

Asked over 1 year ago - Nashville, TN

Legal immigrant is being charged with class B felony.
Received offer from DA to plead down to lower class felony with probation and no jail time.
Will this plea cause the individual to be put into removal proceedings?

1. Nicklaus James Misiti

1

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys. This is very serious and very specific. It doesn't matter if a felony is reduced, even misdemeanors can cause severe immigration consequences. You are going to need to take the criminal documents to an immigration attorney, retain them, and have them have a serious discussion with your criminal attorney. If you decide not to do this and to just accept a plea you are putting your legal status in jeopardy.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . More info is needed.

Do NOT take the plea bargain deal w/o consulting an immigration attorney in private.

3. Mark Robert Barr

2

Answered . I--and any decent immigration attorney--will need a TON more information before that question can be answered.