Will be declaring chapter 7 bankruptcy want to know if I include my cell phone bill?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tarpon Springs, FL

cell phone contract

1. Radha Rothrock

5

Answered . Yes. If you have a contract for service, you have the option of rejecting or assuming the contract.

If you just have a past due amount owed, you would list it like your other credit card debt.

2. Paula Bea Leite

4

Answered . Yes, you need to list all your debt. If you owe an outstanding balance to a cell phone company you need to list that debt. Additionally, if you also have a contract with a cell phone company you need to decide if you want to reject the contract or assume the contract.

3. Eugene P. Castagliuolo

3

Answered . You will generally have to report all assets, all liabilities, all income and all expenses. So yes, you would typically include your cellphone bill. However, I can tell you a whole lot more if you schedule a free initial consultation with me.

4. Russell J Hebets

Pro

3

Answered . If you owe money from the past to your cell phone company you would include that as a liability. If you want to reject the contact you may also be able to do that. If you are paid and current but have paid them more than $600 in the last 90 days you might want to report that. In a bankruptcy not having an attorney could cost you a lot more money than having a decent attorney and having no problem.