Will be declaring chapter 7 bankruptcy want to know if I include my cell phone bill?

Tarpon Springs, FL |
Filed under: Chapter 7 bankruptcy

cell phone contract

If you owe money from the past to your cell phone company you would include that as a liability. If you want to reject the contact you may also be able to do that. If you are paid and current but have paid them more than $600 in the last 90 days you might want to report that. In a bankruptcy not having an attorney could cost you a lot more money than having a decent attorney and having no problem.

These statements do not constitute legal advice. They are meant to be general in nature, for any specific legal questions you should always seek the counsel of an experienced attorney.

You will generally have to report all assets, all liabilities, all income and all expenses. So yes, you would typically include your cellphone bill. However, I can tell you a whole lot more if you schedule a free initial consultation with me.

If you think my response is the best response, it would help me if you would indicate that. Also, please note that my responses to question(s) are NOT legal advice from me to you because I am NOT your lawyer, you are NOT my client, and we do NOT currently have an attorney-client relationship. Thanks!

Paula Brown Sinclair

Paula Brown Sinclair

I think, Mr. Castagliuolo, you will want to review the TOS with incorporated Community Guidelines on client solicitation-- which is forbidden on the Q&A.

Eugene P. Castagliuolo

Eugene P. Castagliuolo

I couldn't care less what you think, Paula, and when I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Paula Brown Sinclair

Paula Brown Sinclair

Community Guidelines -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- As an online community of intelligent and experienced members, we host a variety of diverse opinions. We welcome this diversity, and ask that all of our participants adhere to these simple guidelines: Play nice This should be pretty self-explanatory, but here are some specifics: Avoid posting content that is deliberately hostile, insulting, provocative, bigoted, etc. Personal attacks and hate speech are expressly forbidden. Commercial or direct solicitations other than paid ads or within a professional's profile will be removed. For example language that includes but not limited to "call me, contact me, go to my website for further information". From the Avvo Terms of Use Paragraph 18: By using any Interactive Areas, you agree to comply with the Avvo Community Guidelines and you further agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Site any of the following: 1. User Content that is false, misleading, unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable, including without limitation any recommendation, endorsement, rating, or review of a professional with whom you have not had direct, personal experience in a professional context or as a client of such professional;

Eugene P. Castagliuolo

Eugene P. Castagliuolo

OK, one more time, but then I really have to go..... So let me get this straight. You think that inviting someone to partake in a "free initial consultation" is solicitation??? What is it that you don't get Paula??? Perhaps it is YOU who should re-read the rules!! Show me some Florida case law that says inviting someone in for a free initial consultation is "solicitation" and I'll eat my hat. Until then, if you have a problem, just report me to the principal.

Paula Brown Sinclair

Paula Brown Sinclair

I didn't make Avvo's rules, Mr. Castagliuolo, but I have read them. I find your statements to me unprofessional and insulting, and will take it up with "the principal"

Eugene P. Castagliuolo

Eugene P. Castagliuolo

You're only getting insulted because you have no authority to support your position that offering a free initial consultation violates Avvo's rules and/or Florida Bar rules.

Yes. If you have a contract for service, you have the option of rejecting or assuming the contract.

If you just have a past due amount owed, you would list it like your other credit card debt.

Yes, you need to list all your debt. If you owe an outstanding balance to a cell phone company you need to list that debt. Additionally, if you also have a contract with a cell phone company you need to decide if you want to reject the contract or assume the contract.