Will an underage citation hurt my visa renew application?

Asked over 1 year ago - Erie, PA

I'm a foreign student under an F-1 visa. Couple months ago I was caught and charged with underage drinking. I pleaded guilty and appeared before the judge. He gave me a chance to participate in ARD program (Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition) in which I have to complete 35 hours of community services, attend an alcohol class, and pay a fee to the court. I have completed all of the requirements and was given the disposition to have my record expunged. However, I didnt have time to take it to the court to do so because I have already made plan to travel back to my country, VIetnam. Now that I'm back in Vietnam and my visa is expired, I have to reapply. I'm just wondering if this situation would hurt my application? I have the disposition with me for proof as well.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

2

1

Answered . It might. If you want to engage in law violating activities, you better stay in your country. There, they cannot deport you when someone makes a determination that you are no longer legal.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . Evidence of unlawful behavior can adversely impact an applicatoin