Skip to main content

Will An Out-Of-State Lawyer Please Help Me???

Markle, IN |

Another stray animal that has been fed on a regular basis has disappeared as well. The "police officer" is using a pheromone to lure animals (mostly cats) around is four acre property and just shoots them. I have heard two shots on two different occasions in the past, looked, and saw nothing. I knew that a cat on each occasion had headed in that direction. He claims that cats are after his totally caged rabbits that he occasionally lets loose in a large fenced in area where he frees his hound dogs to pursue. He knows he can get away with this and could care less about killing animals. He has killed at least twenty animals illegally over the past three years. Meanwhile, he and his son continues to harass me on a daily basis.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


In many jurisdictions, it is not a crime to kill feral animals that come onto your property. If you suspect a crime, call the cops. If someone is harassing you, call the cops. I'm not sure what the "out of state" lawyer would be for.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.



Hello and thank you for your answer. I really condenced the information down from many other avvo postings. I have called animal agencies, police, and have filed reports concerning all events that happened as well. An attorney wrote a letter of harassment to the police officer and a neighbor that assists him as well. However, that only stopped the issuues for about six weeks.


This public forum is for questions about the law and legal procedure. If you think a crime has been committed, file a report with law enforcement.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.



Hello and thank you for your reply. In addition to what is mentioned, my computer was hacked into by him as well--almost 4,000 viruses virtually ruined it. The computer expert collected all virus numbers upon repairing. I do not know if the numbers can be traced to the computer or owner.



Also, I might add that my two automobiles and yard have been vandalized as well on several occasions. I have security cameras, but they only have a limited range of motion at night time.


Bring your I.D. to the police station and file a police report about anyone harassing you.

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer