Will an insurance company after deposition withdraw or reduce their offer in car accident personal injury

Seattle, WA |

Car accident personal Injury case in WA state.

Insurance company is offering about 8k and we are not accepting it...so now its time for deposition..am slightly worried that after deposition insurance company will withdraw this 8k offer or reduce it...

In your experience how many have you seen this happen in your career in personal injury cases?

I am posting this same question because other previous question has major typing error and I have not way to correct it.

1. Assuming you have a qualified personal injury, he/she knows how to handle the issue. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

2. This should be addressed to your attorney and it would be very unlikely unless you do not have an attorney in which case you might do something to undermine your claim.

3. A simple answer is "yes". Unless and until an offer is accepted, the party making the offer can change or withdraw the offer. This does occur on occasion before or after deposition, but I do not think anyone would be able to predict whether this will occur in your case without being very aware of the details of your case. I suggest that you talk to your attorney to get guidance on this point. There may also be a possibility that the offer is increased after deposition. Again, consult your attorney.

Call me at (503) 990-6641 to discuss further.

4. I have seen it happen, but it is unusual. Typically it only happens if the injured party makes an unusually bad impression, r if the defense attorney gets some very helpful testimony on the issue of fault. But you never know. Litigation is a bit like gambling. Your best best is to follow your attorney's instincts.

5. Possibly, but not too often. Hopefully your attorney will go over with you on what to expect at the deposition.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.

6. You should speak with your attorney about being thoroughly prepped for your deposition and how best to answer questions and explain your problems. If done well, your deposition often will increase an offer in the case, unless you are about to disclose something which could ruin the liability aspect of your claim. You need to speak with your lawyer about proper deposition preparation and attire.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

7. Not enough info to evaluate. Contact a local personal injury lawyer to get maximum compensation

8. There simply is not enough information to evaluate your case. Your attorney is the only person that can advise you properly.

9. I am a trial attorney and my firm focuses on auto accidents. I can tell you that in the Seattle area, Farmers Insurance has a new unwritten policy that their settlement offers will go down after the suit is filed. I believe other insurance companies are beginning to follow this trend... Especially after they spend money for a medical expert to testify against you... You never know for sure... Get your lawyers best professional opinon

10. If you are being asked to appear for a deposition, that means your claim is in litigation. I trust that means you are represented by competent personal injury counsel. They should take the time to prepare you in advance of your deposition. It is always possible that an offer may be rescinded or reduced; however, that is unusual. In my experience, that can happen when new facts come to light that substantially change the landscape of the claim. In a deposition, the insurance company is hoping to get some feedback as to what type of witness you may make and how a jury is likely to react to your testimony. That is why preparation, by your attorney, is very important. Best of luck with your claim.

11. It sounds as if you already have a lawyer. Consult competent counsel if you require more information for your specific situation.