Will an FBI background check reveal a dui/possession diversion?

Novato, CA |

I want to join the armed services with a secret clearance requirement. The problem is that I have a dui (marijuana)/poss (marijuana) diversion. This took place in Oregon but I live in California. At that specific time I was going to college in Washington. Will this be likely to show up on an FBI background check?

If you were fingerprinted and photographed following the arrest, most likely.

An FBI background check is nation wide, so the fact that it occurred in another state is not going to conceal it. Sometimes it is best to just present the facts to the recruiter and let them suggest what might be needed.

You can get a copy of your FBI background check. See the following link: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/general-information/cgbrochure . Good luck.

Yes the background check will show your case. I don't believe it will impact joining the military but as mentioned you should do your own background check first to know what you need to do and say.

Military law topics