Will an expunged juvenile adjudication of arson (felony) from when I was 12 years old keep me from being admitted to Indiana bar

Indianapolis, IN |

Don't remember much of the incident. All I know is that I had to go to court, pay for damages to neighbor's house and the record was to be expunged when I turned 18. Now, at age 25, I am unable to find any court records of the incident (courthouse can't find them either).

1. This should not be a problem. What is important is to keep the issue strictly defined by the boundaries of the prior incident. Do not let the issue become one your candor or satisfaction of an obligation to disclose. Do your due diligence to locate any records or documents. Take some real care in crafting a standing statement about the matter. Use it consistently and do not freestyle. Have someone reliable and objective review it for sufficiency. As long as you do not turn this into an issue of your integrity re disclosure, this is likely to come out fine.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Juvenile law topics