Will an expunged juvenile adjudication of arson (felony) from when I was 12 years old keep me from being admitted to Indiana bar

Asked over 2 years ago - Indianapolis, IN

Don't remember much of the incident. All I know is that I had to go to court, pay for damages to neighbor's house and the record was to be expunged when I turned 18. Now, at age 25, I am unable to find any court records of the incident (courthouse can't find them either).

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Christine C McCall


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . This should not be a problem. What is important is to keep the issue strictly defined by the boundaries of the prior incident. Do not let the issue become one your candor or satisfaction of an obligation to disclose. Do your due diligence to locate any records or documents. Take some real care in crafting a standing statement about the matter. Use it consistently and do not freestyle. Have someone reliable and objective review it for sufficiency. As long as you do not turn this into an issue of your integrity re disclosure, this is likely to come out fine.

    My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,911 answers this week

3,419 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,911 answers this week

3,419 attorneys answering