Will an at fault driver's insurance cover my repairs and should I be contacting a lawyer for any reason?

Asked about 1 year ago - Clermont, FL

I hit a vehicle that pulled onto the road from a shopping center to make a left turn at a median. The other driver was ticketed for failure to yield the right of way. Should I be contacting their insurance company or mine? I only have liability coverage as I drive an older vehicle. The other driver has a full coverage policy.

1. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

5

Answered . You should report the accident to your carrier, obtain legal advice and be evaluated by a doctor. Some injuries are not always apparent, but can be serious. You should always make sure that your carrier knows but don't give a statement without your lawyer.

Pro

5

Answered . If you were injured, then you can call a local Clermont personal injury lawyer to investigate

3. C. Donald Briggs III

3

Answered . Contact the insurance company for the driver who caused the crash for your property damage repairs.

4. Michael Frank Hancock

1

Answered . The at fault driver's insurance company is responsible for paying to repair your vehicle. The repairs will be paid from the other person's "property damage" portion of his policy. Everyone who owns a vehicle in Florida is required to have at least $10,000.00 in property damage coverage. Depending on the extent of damage to your vehicle, and the model year of your vehicle, you may also be entitled to an additional amount of money to compensate you for the diminished value your car may have as a result of being in an accident.

5. Irwin Ast

1

Answered . Full coverage in Florida may mean the other driver merely has PIP coverage (protects the other driver) and property Damage (which will pay for your vehicle damage). If you are injured you ought to contact an attoreny.