Will an arrest for expired drivers license cause a naturalization denial?

Davenport, FL |

Applied for N-400, indicated an arrest for expired DL and submitted all certified copies of disposition and arrest report. Received yellow letter informing me to take all relevant paperwork, which they already have, to interveiw. I collected all certified docs again and will take to interveiw. Can they deny me for forgetting to renew DL? I just turned 18 when arrested now 21 and married to US citizen and we have 2 US citizen children together. No other criminal history and case was dismissed after deferred program and no fine. Incidentally deferred program was one visit to the court house and after showing in date DL the case was dismissed.

1. If the arrest was outside the statutory it is not considered at all. Since it is for a driving infraction it is not likely to be considered when deciding on moral character. It should not have any affect.

2. Issuance of a "yellow letter" is a normal course of action by USCIS when applicant discloses an arrest even if you have previously submitted all court certified records. Most likely you will be fine and the single arrest followed by a dismissal won't affect you eligibility for naturalization.

3. will not have any bearing on your citizenship application but you must disclose it and provide the charge sheet and dismissal