Will airport security stop me if I,m on felony probation flying internationally

Seattle, WA |
Filed under: Felony crime

My girlfriend bought tickets for a private airplane I wanted to know if they check for probation at customs no warrants no outstandings

Yes airport security or international customs may stop you and inquire.

No one can give you a 50% or 100% guarantee that you will not encounter problems at the airport as a felon on probation.

No one can say what the evidence is against you so at least remain silent and do not incriminate yourself without speaking to a lawyer.

Read my Legal Guide "Internet Privacy - Not!" if you think it might be helpful.

The terms of your probation may well require that you not leave the country! Follow the law!

Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Can they check? Yes. Will they? This is a question of possibility vs. probabilityy and is impossible for any of us to handicap for you. In most circumstances, I have been able to get our clients here in NJ a judicial approval for the international travel that will not be a basis for a VOP. Check your probation conditions to determine if this travel is allowed under your probation terms. Good luck.

DISCLAIMER I do not practice law in your State. This answer is provided for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising.

I agree both previous answers, the country of origin may ask questions and if you are not honest and they catch you, you may be sent back or detained and returned. You could check with the local consulate ahead of time and get this sorted out first and do not forget to get court permission to leave the jurisdiction because a probation violation will land you back in front of the Judge.

Good Luck