Will a warrant show up in background check for an apartment?

Asked over 1 year ago - Glen Allen, VA

My 3 year old daughter and I have to move in with my mother in another state and they want me to fill out an application for a background check. Will my warrant in another state show up? I know I need to take care of this but I don't have the money to hire an attorney and I have no help, I'm not looking for that answer please.

1. Frank Mascagni III

Answered . Depending on the degree of any record check, an outstanding warrant may show up. Out of state warrants may or may not show up. You need to hire an attorney in the state where the warrant was issued ( I know you say you can't afford it) to have the case redocketed and get the warrant recalled/set aside ( or if arrested on the warrant, you will need the money to make bail and hire an attorney or remain in jail until a public defender is appointed if you are indigent).