Will a visa be available in nine months if Choice of Agent form is received?

Alpharetta, GA |

My petition is under F2A category. My priority date is 5th August 2010. My case (I-130) got approved on 17 Dec 2010 from USCIS California Serivice Center. On Jan 4, 2011 NVC sent me (beneficiary) Choice of Agent form. At the end of the instructions following is written:
"If the petition is for a visa applicant whose priority date is not likely to be reached in the next year, the petition will be stored at the NVC until that priority date is reached. When there is an immediate visa available or likely to be available within the next nine months, NVC will send a letter enclosing the Choice of Agent and Address Form (DS-3032) to all of the applicants with a few exceptions. "
Does this really mean a visa will be available to me in nine months as F2A is facing retrogression?

You really need to consult an attorney. You seem to misunderstand the purpose of the DS-3032.

Not at all. The minimum waiting time in the family-based 2A category is currently a little over 3 years. Of course, if the petitioner naturalizes, this wait could be shorter.

Please see

Recommended articles about Immigration